Although I have kept track of books in the past, I have never been diligent about it. The goal for the year was to use a Google form to record the books I read, and I found that it took less time, resulting in a more consistent recording of what I read. I decided to track the books as if I was still working as a TL, building the collections for the two libraries that were my responsibility. Entering my third year of retirement, I will be more lenient about my reading choices - reading more by what I wish to read rather than TL mode. I say that now, but who knows if that will stay true.

So what did I discover?

  • 624 books tracked(included picture books, everyone nonfiction books, chapter books, early graphic novels, middle grade, nonfiction, graphic novels, young adult and adult)
  • 419 books read published in 2021 (67%)
  • the bulk of my reading was picture books (44%) and will continue to be as Picture Books Are For Everyone!
  • as expected, middle-grade, young-adult, and adult books were mainly audio (64%)
  • majority of my star ratings, almost half (43%) were either 4 or 4.5 - like Kathie, this is something I am looking to change in 2022
  • down a lot in my YA reading which may be due to the high number of fantasy books that seem to dominate the audience right now and not my favourite genre - see sad stat below
  • 13 Nonfiction and 14 Young Adult books an abysmal 2% 

My final stats and my monthly stats are not in sync; I discovered some duplicate entries, and plans are in place to make sure I double-check that each month.

What's Next

  • thinking about trying @GotmTeaches idea for 156 novels for 2022 (3 per week) and try to have 1/3 (52) a combination of YA and nonfiction- that may be a bit of a lofty goal
  • New Year = Fresh Start, all book-related photos will be deleted off my phone by midnight Dec. 31 (this is huge for me to let go)
  • use two new Google Forms to begin a fiction and nonfiction database in addition to a simpler stats form
  • still thinking about what to do with my IG account - I seem to be sporadic and know that's not a good thing but do need to make a decision
  • developing more consistent blogging and having a solid plan for the Maybe You Missed Posts

I hope to share a little more about the forms I will be using to create my new databases and my most anticipated reads for 2022. Do you have some specific goals set for 2022? If so, please leave them in the comments or direct me to your blog, I'd love to hear from you.

Laurie


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more