An artist whose work I really rate, but never seem to have many photographs of is Conrico, or Conrico Steez as he signs himself. I think that part of this discrepancy is that he paints many of his pieces in places that I don't tend to go all that often. Anyhow I managed to snap this rather fun column piece under Brunel Way recently.

Conrico, Brunel Way, Bristol, December 2021

Conrico, Brunel Way, Bristol, December 2021

If I am honest, circular column pieces are a pain in the backside because of the difficulty in capturing the whole thing in one shot. I often think that it would be good if phones could do panoramas the opposite way round… if that makes sense, then columns would be a piece of cake. The character face has that Conrico life about it, derived from the style he uses which is like drawing with spray paint. Good to see.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more