Next week, at least around here, is more or less the final week of the "old summer vacation." Although, I don't think kids actually start back in the classrooms until Thursday, September 5. Somehow, the starting Thursday feels a bit strange, but I don't make up the Regional School Calendar.
In many ways, this summer had been a bit of a bust. I think it has left me and perhaps Lynn to some extent in a state of haziness and uncertainty.
Throughout the entire summer, we have done two things out and about together, including having Riley with us. The first was an afternoon driving outing to visit a waterfall and a couple of very lovely beaches along the Northumberland Shore. The second was a full-day trip to Inverness Beach in Cape Breton to hunt for sea glass.
But, other than that not much else. And the issue is, I don't know why we haven't done or gone to other places. Is it because of Riley? Likely. It's hard to leave him for extended time alone in the house, say for an afternoon. He gets very excited and barks constantly, but eventually settles down. Sort of.
Taking him for a walk on a beach(for example) is fine as long as there aren't many people(if people look at him he starts to bark) or if other dogs are being walked. Unfortunately, the constant barking and behaviour detract from the enjoyment of being on the beach or walking in a park for example.
Now granted, we both love Riley to bits, but it has been a challenge for sure. We are starting private training/behaviour classes with him in a week. Hopefully, that will help him to control myself.
Because of all of this summer or lack thereof, motivation to complete stuff around the house, like the drywall job in the laundry and bathroom has sort of fallen by the wayside. I did manage to get up the last of the drywall, including framing a small doorway to access the piping for the bathroom shower(access is now from the laundry room) and getting the first coat of drywall mud on that part, before going to Halifax last week.
However, finishing the drywall sanding and such - seems to be lacking in motivation to get that part done. It will all get done eventually, likely in the next week or two.
But, that doesn't help with this depressed-like feeling that surrounds me at the moment. I hate just sitting at home. I like to get out and do things and go places. And it feels that right at the moment we can't or don't know how to, or even worse don't want to.
I feel stuck at the moment. I'm tired of meal planning and cooking; I'm tired of just sitting around; and I'm tired of feeling stuck.
More or less - plain tired.
--as always with love--
--- get outdoors; find inspiration; discover yourself ---
No comments:
Post a Comment