OutDigest

OutDigest

Friday, 5 January 2024

Up Early

Site logo image ZeroSpace posted: " Trazadone is amazing, but sometimes even on Traz, I'm only looking at 5 or 6 hours of sleep. Maybe 6.5. Imagine how much worse it would be without it. I tried listening to sleep hypnosis but there's a level of anxiety where you're not gonna connect a" ZeroSpace

Up Early

ZeroSpace

Jan 5

Trazadone is amazing, but sometimes even on Traz, I'm only looking at 5 or 6 hours of sleep. Maybe 6.5. Imagine how much worse it would be without it.

I tried listening to sleep hypnosis but there's a level of anxiety where you're not gonna connect and it's just time to get up.

I keep ruminating on this thing the boss said. I have to let it go. She likely wasn't aware of how callous her statement seemed to an addict. One who most definitely didn't want to make that phone call, does not want to miss work, does not want to pee in front of a stranger and be vulnerable to medical professionals.

Contrast this to the CFO. Here's my ray of light. An empath. She came up as I was printing something and said I am an empath. I have no idea what is going on, she said, but I'd like to give you a hug. I hugged her yesterday. Not the kind of personality you expect in a CFO, but there it is. I am going to swing by her office today and tell her thanks. Buy her a coffee. The other day B said people don't see and notice because they are up their own asses. This is largely true. But there are exceptions. Empaths.

Anyway. The boss has to be a boss. I need to let it go and give her some grace here. I actually did wake up thinking maybe I should ask them if I can bring my work laptop in.

Pfff. Normally they don't even let you bring your fucking cell phone into detox. They are not going to let me work.

This company went 6 or more months without a fucking recruiter. And it's the slow season. They can manage and split the load for 5 days. You know. In some ways it's flattering that I apparently bring so much value. But, come on. This level of addiction isn't good. That's the thing about business. As long as you're not out of control during the day and you're at least somewhat productive, nobody gives a shit that your life outside of work is going down the toilet.

Nevermind that you're operating at 30%-40% productivity on hangover days instead of 100%. And if you don't get a handle on it soon, productivity will slide down to zero percent. But to a lot of people on the outside, 30-40 percent looks pretty good.

I know how much better I do on my well days.

Anyway, maybe this job isn't a good fit. I was aghast anyway that the place I landed was a fucking casino. Then when she told me I was going to spend more time interviewing than sourcing, networking and chasing, I cracked the door and put my foot out. When she said we'll get a second recruiter to help with the workload, I cracked the door a little wider. The threat of it. We might not get along or they might be better than me. That's the fear. But then I don't want to be perceived as a job hopper either, so I shut the door back and stayed in.

Anyway I probably don't need to be thinking about job shit right now. That's part of the problem and has been for a while. Prioritizing work concerns over personal concerns. Which is why what thar boss said was terrible. She inadvertently fed into my worst fears and impulses. I have no value outside of my HR and recruiting talents.

Just a dancing monkey. Perform well or fuck off. Will they let you work in there while you're trying to re-stabilize and get clean for good?

So, you can see why it's been hard not to ruminate about it.

For the newer followers, I also have a Restrictive eating disorder. So that's fun. I am actually hungry right now. It's 5 a.m. I don't normally eat before 11 a.m. when I am in a better eating zone. But eating very little for several days creates hunger at odd times. It's likely part of the reason I was up at 3. Now it's 5.

Maybe I'll go with it and eat something before I roll into work today.

I stayed sober and went to bed early. It's always roughly the 48 hour mark where things start to get pretty tough.

One brick at a time to rebuild. It's been ages since I've done things I enjoy. I became very untethered and lost at sea. As I said yesterday, I thought it was bad a year or two ago. But it was not particularly bad yet. I had more control then. Well, maybe not a year ago because I had long covid then. But 2 years ago I had a lot more control, I just wasn't great at employing that control.

I need to write about the last week. Either by hand or here. I was observing and collecting while I was experiencing.

The worst is the listlessness and apathy that will sometimes happen. A couple days ago I could not read or watch anything because I did not give a shit about anything. There was a day where I insisted on deep cleaning the house last weekend, but felt the need to drink while doing it. In order to follow through.

I mean. If you're not well, it's okay to let the house or living environment go for another week. Rather than drink so that you can achieve cleaning. It's a strange mentality that I need to work on. It goes back to that same dancing monkey mentality. I have no value outside of work and productivity.

I also can't stand those apathetic spells. Lexapro can actually make it worse because of sedation. But there must be some other way to make apathy go away in those moments.

Well today is better than yesterday so far. I am not hungover. The period has ended. My focus has returned. But I can't self deceive just because I feel better. Sure, the other solution is to just move into the hotel. That solves one problem. But now that I have revealed my weakness to someone I really didn't want to discuss it with, I should follow through with detox. One day of feeling better does not stability make.

It is an up-and-down cycle.

Yes, her comment was short sighted but I have the ability to see through it and recognize it for what it is. Not everyone has this critical thinking skill. And if you have it, you should use it to your advantage and utilize this logic part of the brain whenever emotion part of the brain wants to take such a thing personally. It isn't personal, it's business. I wouldn't care that much if I got let go anyway, in a way. I despise this industry. Sure, I worry about money, but I have skills and things tend to fall into place one way or another. I worry about bothering my references to put in a good word for me again.

Bah. I feel nausea and I'm hungry. It may be time to take a shower and get on with my day. I am sure I will write more later.

Comment
Like
Tip icon image You can also reply to this email to leave a comment.

Manage your email settings or unsubscribe.

WordPress.com and Jetpack Logos

Get the Jetpack app to use Reader anywhere, anytime

Follow your favorite sites, save posts to read later, and get real-time notifications for likes and comments.

Download Jetpack on Google Play Download Jetpack from the App Store
WordPress.com on Twitter WordPress.com on Facebook WordPress.com on Instagram WordPress.com on YouTube
WordPress.com Logo and Wordmark title=

Automattic, Inc. - 60 29th St. #343, San Francisco, CA 94110  

at January 05, 2024
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Hello June!

The End, World Ocean Day, Video Review, and Summer Reading ...

  • [New post] Super cub 本田小狼機車登山趣- 南橫關山嶺山單攻
    cbom ...
  • 柔姊的小學畢業典禮
    這個月中,柔姊終於要從小學畢業囉! 畢業典禮舉辦在週六,全家都去參加,見證柔姊畢業的時刻! 想到六年前,第一次到學校的時候,還很緊張...
  • [New post] Northern Middle School student named winner of Maryland Investwrite Essay Competition
    David...

Search This Blog

  • Home

About Me

OutDigest
View my complete profile

Report Abuse

Blog Archive

  • June 2026 (1)
  • May 2026 (1)
  • April 2026 (1)
  • March 2026 (1)
  • February 2026 (2)
  • January 2026 (1)
  • December 2025 (1)
  • November 2025 (6)
  • October 2025 (1)
  • September 2025 (1)
  • August 2025 (1)
  • July 2025 (1)
  • June 2025 (1)
  • May 2025 (1)
  • April 2025 (1)
  • March 2025 (2)
  • February 2025 (2)
  • January 2025 (15)
  • December 2024 (1)
  • November 2024 (2)
  • October 2024 (1)
  • September 2024 (1)
  • August 2024 (2701)
  • July 2024 (3219)
  • June 2024 (3109)
  • May 2024 (3211)
  • April 2024 (3120)
  • March 2024 (3223)
  • February 2024 (3033)
  • January 2024 (3219)
  • December 2023 (3236)
  • November 2023 (3098)
  • October 2023 (3137)
  • September 2023 (2457)
  • August 2023 (2148)
  • July 2023 (1919)
  • June 2023 (2151)
  • May 2023 (2049)
  • April 2023 (1966)
  • March 2023 (2038)
  • February 2023 (1737)
  • January 2023 (1768)
  • December 2022 (1761)
  • November 2022 (1933)
  • October 2022 (1434)
  • September 2022 (1258)
  • August 2022 (1329)
  • July 2022 (1414)
  • June 2022 (1351)
  • May 2022 (1349)
  • April 2022 (1421)
  • March 2022 (1209)
  • February 2022 (880)
  • January 2022 (1022)
  • December 2021 (1348)
  • November 2021 (3132)
  • October 2021 (3249)
  • September 2021 (611)
Powered by Blogger.