beckyjo125 posted: " Do you spend more time thinking about the future or the past? Why? Gosh... that is a question! I definitely spend more time thinking about the past: happy memories, funny stories, the smile or laughter brought on by an old photo, being transported " Smashing Single Parenthood
Do you spend more time thinking about the future or the past? Why?
Gosh... that is a question!
I definitely spend more time thinking about the past: happy memories, funny stories, the smile or laughter brought on by an old photo, being transported back to a previous situation by a special piece of music and so the list continues...
But why? Why not spend an equal amount of headspace on the future?
The only answer I can suggest is this. When I'm not being caught unawares by a memory from a bygone era. I am so busy dealing with the present that I don't have time!
In fact, if someone even asks me to make commitments for next week my response is usually
"Next week? My mind is so totally stretched, I can't see beyond tomorrow!"
Is this healthy? Probably not - eek! But what to do about it?
I'm off to read (and learn) from everyone else's responses ....
No comments:
Post a Comment