“ I am currently attending the School of Life, learning more about the universe and me… and Graduation Day will be the day of my funeral and it is then I will know if I failed or I succeeded and graduated”… (Larry “Dutch” Woller) on the path least traveled…
DutchIl posted: "Diary of the journey on the path least traveled..just letting the heart do the talking while the fingers do the walking while being different, being me… :) Hello Diary, Managed to get through the holidays relatively unscathed… watched holiday events " onthepathleasttraveled
Diary of the journey on the path least traveled..just letting the heart do the talking while the fingers do the walking while being different, being me… 🙂
Hello Diary,
Managed to get through the holidays relatively unscathed… watched holiday events on the TV, especially parades, folks gathering together in harmony.. I did have the fortune to watch the London New Year parade (BBC via PBS) and the setting brought back memories of when I were in the U.S.M.C. and had the good fortune of spending some time with Britian's Black Watch… I first heard the bagpipes live at that time and I fell in love with them… 🙂
To my surprise, back in the 1980's my family gave me a stand of pipes (made by Mcleod pipemakers) for Christmas… I never got real good at playing (did briefly play in a parade) but my neighbors were impressed and the neighborhood dogs joined in harmony…. don't have the wind for them now… 🙂
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, those were the days, my friend… 🙂
After briefly venturing down memory lane, with the coming of the new year, it were time to contemplate the future and what Fate may have waiting for me as (as with all creatures) my old mortal clock is slowly winding down…. 🙂
A peaceful morning, watching the sun arise Thoughts abound, while sipping on a spot of tea, While taking in Nature's outdoor portrait Contemplating, on what Fate may have instore for me.
As my mortal clock is slowly coming to an end The door is slowly closing on past history, With a new awakening with the mind and spirit But the future is still shrouded in mystery.
With the freedom of being different, in many ways No social shackles do this mortal wear, Do welcome change with open mind and spirit No fear, no worry or dread do I bear.
Does change stop at mortal death, one wonders Or does it go on forever and ever, Will I ask the same at another time and place Somewhere past the 12th of Never?
Will thought and spirit continue When, as in all things, my mortal time comes to an end, Or does all things cease to be, when To the grave, the mortal body Fate does send.
Alas, but must deal with the present So now will store thoughts and musings yet to be told, For it's down the path least traveled I do venture To search and hopefully find….what life, and Fate, may behold. ( Larry "Dutch" Woller )
Who am I, one wonders Whether it is race, gender or ideology, As I venture down life's path As a spirit that is born free..
Wondering about being different Reminds me of words from a song, Where do I fit in, one would ask One wonders, where do I belong.
Does the image without Determine who I am to be, Even though the spirit within May be different, be me.
Do I follow my heart's dream When heart and mind disagree, Or do I listen to the mind While dealing with reality.
Those questions and more Life's puzzle to unravel, To find answers I am seeking Down the path I must travel.
So I shall continue down the path least traveled To seek that rainbow, perhaps around the next bend, Once found, I'll have my answers And that will be the beginning, not the end. (Larry "Dutch" Woller)
Well, I had better close for now, have rambled on long enough (is that cheering I hear??.. 🙂 🙂 )… have chores to do and plans to make for the future, but I shall return again one day, Fate be willin' and the creeks don't rise… 🙂
Hope your path is paved with love, peace and happiness and you have the mostest wonderfulest 2024 ever and until we meet again….
May the love that you give Always return to you, That family and friends are many And always remain true, May your mind only know peace No suffering or strife, May your heart only know love and happiness On your journey through life. (Larry "Dutch" Woller)
No comments:
Post a Comment