In all honesty, I would be afraid to do an internet search for "Christmas-related quotes." So, perhaps "being afraid" isn't the right phrase, although I do suspect the results of a query would be mind-boggling.
Undaunted and tossing fear to the side, I did do a search of "Christmas quotes" and to say the results are "mind-boggling" would be an understatement of massive portions.
That is as one might say "a Christmas miracle." Or not.
Nevertheless, regardless of the number of or vast amounts of "Christmas-related" quotes that one could choose from, Christmas and the holiday season can mean something different to everyone.
Sure, there does tend to be a certain or basic underlying theme to Christmas, and again that may differ on how you view the whole Christmas deal.
But, I did find this particular gem.
We all know or should know that smell is one of or if not, the strongest memory trigger we have. The smell of muffins baking or some other wonderful scent can immediately transport us back decades in our memory.
The words evergreen, frost, wood smoke, and cinnamon even as I type them invoke a sense of calm and longing for peacefulness and a "simpler time."
It instantly brings back those memories of Lynn and I going out and cutting a Christmas tree at "Desroches Tree Farm" near our old home in Ontario. The smell of that freshly cut pine tree combined with the nose-tingling scent of woodsmoke wafting from the chimney of the small log farmhouse across the road from the tree farm. Such a sense of peace and warmth.
The soothing smell of our Christmas Day breakfast casserole as it bakes away in the oven as we sat around opening Christmas stockings.
This is a busy time of year. Often we feel like we're being pulled in multiple directions, wondering how will we make it through the next couple of weeks.
With a bit of luck perhaps you'll be someplace, maybe even your own home, and the smell of cookies baking or a freshly poured coffee or even the smell of a burning log in your fireplace will immediately transport you back into a spot in your memories for a little while ................that is well ..... just where you need to be.
--as always with love--
--- get outdoors; find inspiration; discover yourself ---
No comments:
Post a Comment