Cooler weather means time for hot soup. I made a pot of my Southwest Soup yesterday afternoon and it is delicious! I got the seasonings just right.
I add a few shakes of each of these seasonings and some sea salt to the ground beef before browning. When the meat is browned I add one can each of no-salt organic black beans, sweet corn, green beans, diced tomatoes and a quart of my homemade chicken broth, bring it to a low boil, turn down the heat, cover it and let it simmer on medium low for a couple of hours. Yum!
The next time I make this recipe I'll double the ingredients so I have plenty to freeze for later. As it is I'll probably only have a couple of servings to freeze from this batch.
Sometimes I make a batch of cornbread to go with it. I will probably do that later today. It's been too long since I made cornbread and Brad loves it as much as I do. I drizzle honey on top of the batter before it goes into the oven, thanks to my darling daughter. Amazing!
The weather is staying cool lately...30's at night and 50's during the day. So, of course my joints are telling me about it. Might need to up the turmeric for a few days to compensate.
Time to get back to my knitting and spinning, trying to finish the heel on the second of Brad's socks and finish plying the purple singles yarn on the wheel. Hope your day is blessed. Stay safe. Stay warm. God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment