I'm not sure what's got into me over the last few weeks, but all of the sudden I am just dying to change up my home. All of the sudden I'm looking at my house and I'm like, why haven't I made this beautiful home mine?! Let's get this straight. I love my house. The state it's been in for the last few years of us living here has been really great. I've felt comfortable and happy here. But some shift has happened in me over the last month or so and now I just want lots of change.
Here is the biggest thing thats caused this change: I don't need to decorate like everyone else right now if its not bringing me joy.
Right now neutrals are so in, you know? I feel like it's so common to see whites, creams, blacks, grays and woods. Now let me be clear, I love this. I walk into a neutral home and I'm in awe. It feels so right and beautiful, crisp and clean. I adore it. In fact, many of my most near and dear people in my life have fully embraced this trend and they are rocking it in their homes. I tried it too. Heck, for a while I had quite a neutral and trendy home!
But then I realized, while I love it and think its so pretty.. It's not me. It's not my style right now. Maybe thats why I haven't felt fully satisfied with the way my home has been for some time. I've been trying too hard to do what everyone else is doing.
I really like color. Not bright, in-your-face neons or anything, but color. I want more of that!
After lots of thinking and Pinterest-ing, I decided, hey, guess what? This is my house! Shouldn't I make it look the way I want it to look? Shouldn't it be decorated and painted in a way I enjoy?!
The answer is yes.
And so I am.
We started with our kitchen. We painted it a sage green over the weekend and already I am obsessed. So obsessed. My kitchen is bringing me so much joy! This feels like our spot now.
This is only the beginning. You should see the list I've got going for rooms and decorations to change! Stay tuned - it's going to be fun! And colorful!!
No comments:
Post a Comment