Lord knows that there are more cliches; old adages and folksy sayings/quips than one can or could possibly shake a stick at.
A beauty that pops up more frequently than perhaps it should, are those along the lines of "time flys"; "Where did the time go"; or "I can't believe it's been that long."
Let's move away from the whole cutesy sayings thing for a quick moment, and let me suggest that scrolling back through previous posts you've written can be a good thing(for example - hey...look at how much better your writing has become!).
On the other hand that quick scroll back through time may be like an "Ouija or spirit Board" and have you stopping in the area of fourteen months ago. It may also unlock some supernatural trunk and let escape all those old cliches; adages and folksy sayings/quips dealing with "time flys"; "Where did the time go"; or "I can't believe it's been that long."
Fourteen months ago to the day(July 5, 2022), we locked the door of the old "old homestead" along the shores of Georgian Bay in Ontario and began the journey eastward along the Trans Canada Highway to our new "old homestead" on the shores of the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia. You're here now, might as well take a read of that day, "The Day And Start Of A New Chapter."
I suppose we're at that point in the narrative where "time flys"; "Where did the time go"; or "I can't believe it's been that long" are all certainly true. At least it feels exactly that way for me.
Hell, even now it feels like an old-fashioned time-warp "Where did the time go" scenario, from July of this year, when we were heading back to Ontario for a celebration of life event.
So, what does all of this mean?
I don't really know or perhaps I don't care.
Now, I think I care, but I just don't know.
So, conceivably what is it I that I seemingly don't know?
Perhaps, the question I'm asking is "Why do events for example that were only two months ago seem like they were so far in the past."
Forget about fourteen months ago leaving Ontario - that seems like ancient history.
I'm sure someone in the field of psychology; psychiatry or some area of the social sciences can answer that question.
Let's just finish with this:
--as always with love--
--- get outdoors; find inspiration; discover yourself ---
No comments:
Post a Comment