I was at the Grocery Outlet on the second looking at items and they had two pounds of Dunkin Donuts whole bean coffee on sale for $3.37 per bag! I went to the cashier and asked if the price was correct as it seemed like a mistake but the coffee rang up at $3.37. I bought 6 bags of the coffee and sealed them all in foodsaver bags as some of the Dunkin Donut bags did not seem air tight. This purchase will get me prepped to about 12 months of coffee and I will be able to add coffee when I see a good sale rather than based on having to buy coffee because I'm getting low on the product.
I went back to the same Grocery Outlet and the Dunkin Donuts coffee was back to a more normal price of $13.97 for a two pound bag. Not a bad buy for Dunkin Donuts coffee but it shows there was a mistake made somewhere at the store or warehouse marking the price of the coffee. I think this shows how having some "mad" money of $20.00-$50.00 can help get some great buys you run across at stores that are not in the ads.
I got more of the grass seed sown in the backyard area that is open to more sunlight since I trimmed the apple tree. The new grass seeds got hit with a little rain and it will rain or snow for most of the week. I thought I might be too early trimming but it seems most of the botanical gardens and parks are trimming/pruning back trees and plants for Spring. This has been good for me and the yard getting the trimming done as it has helped with my cabin fever and wanting to get the garden started even though it is way to early for starting anything in the raised beds.
Nothing else is happening here at Casa de Chaos other than getting seeds started indoors and the same old stacking up wood on the porch to keep the house warm. Making plans and budgeting for the Chicken coop, Greenhouse foundation and adding a couple of swamp coolers for the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment