OutDigest

OutDigest

Saturday, 1 October 2022

[New post] A Celebration of life

Site logo image Mike Martin posted: " When I look at the celebration that the first day of October brings with it. There always seems to some sort of underlining storyline that starts way before the old crossbow ever gets cocked and my boots hit the ground. " Project Mindfully Outdoors

A Celebration of life

Mike Martin

Oct 1

When I look at the celebration that the first day of October brings with it. There always seems to some sort of underlining storyline that starts way before the old crossbow ever gets cocked and my boots hit the ground.

It's like deeper search for meaning within something much larger than myself. This year is no different, however that meaning didn't fully hit me until just other day. When I was stepping into my hunting headspace.

Considering the speed at which I had to put things together and deciding to hunt a regular old area. I first thought of course how you never step into the same river twice.

But then I looked deeper than that. I started thinking about much different reality looks for me. The things that have come and gone in such a short period of time.

Like in this weird way the theme of drifting has never been truer in my story. Now having the lest number of anchors or faces around me. It's become this really weird space.

Like the few anchoring agents around me mean everything to me that I find this pull to stick things out and ride the winds what life throws at me with my feet dug in.

Still it leaves me in this realm where I'm discovering all of the changes and practices I've employed have really done something to me. When I think about how I would run and hide from life I now embrace it.

Which all brought me to realize what I'm truly celebrating. It's not the act of the hunt it's self. Though the tapping into the ancient act is so important to me. It's the whole circle of the circle the celebration and the hunt. That are tied together and honoring this renewal of myself.

You know of the goal is harvest a deer to fill the freezer but it's also about the connection with what the representations.

In all her guarded glory the doe herself stands for life and fertility. Which translates to me a has deserving of respect for the gifts of life and rebirth.

So given the state I began the morning of that final scout it was only fitting to walk up on a doe. Just 60 yards from the truck. To do so an not be noticed gave me the opportunity to hunker down and honor her by watching the show she put on.

For about 10 minutes I looked on has she grazed and went about her business before walking off. But to enjoy that process of a deer just being natural in the moment. Gave me the time to sit in the moment with her and put the story im living together.

I think it's a gift when you are able to tie into nature and just feel the energy. Which is the fuel for celebration renewal, that life giving force that is so power in showing us that even with burdens around us we can still live change and create the space we desire.

  • Deer Hunting Part 3 – Solitude & Thrill
  • septembrie 23, 2020
  • 218. Opening Day
  • octombrie 1, 2022
  • It's All Connection and Little Bit of Grit
  • decembrie 22, 2020
Comment

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Project Mindfully Outdoors.
Change your email settings at manage subscriptions.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
https://projectmindfullyoutdoors.com/2022/10/01/a-celebration-of-life/

Powered by WordPress.com
Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play
at October 01, 2022
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Hello June!

The End, World Ocean Day, Video Review, and Summer Reading ...

  • [New post] Super cub 本田小狼機車登山趣- 南橫關山嶺山單攻
    cbom ...
  • 柔姊的小學畢業典禮
    這個月中,柔姊終於要從小學畢業囉! 畢業典禮舉辦在週六,全家都去參加,見證柔姊畢業的時刻! 想到六年前,第一次到學校的時候,還很緊張...
  • [New post] Northern Middle School student named winner of Maryland Investwrite Essay Competition
    David...

Search This Blog

  • Home

About Me

OutDigest
View my complete profile

Report Abuse

Blog Archive

  • June 2026 (1)
  • May 2026 (1)
  • April 2026 (1)
  • March 2026 (1)
  • February 2026 (2)
  • January 2026 (1)
  • December 2025 (1)
  • November 2025 (6)
  • October 2025 (1)
  • September 2025 (1)
  • August 2025 (1)
  • July 2025 (1)
  • June 2025 (1)
  • May 2025 (1)
  • April 2025 (1)
  • March 2025 (2)
  • February 2025 (2)
  • January 2025 (15)
  • December 2024 (1)
  • November 2024 (2)
  • October 2024 (1)
  • September 2024 (1)
  • August 2024 (2701)
  • July 2024 (3219)
  • June 2024 (3109)
  • May 2024 (3211)
  • April 2024 (3120)
  • March 2024 (3223)
  • February 2024 (3033)
  • January 2024 (3219)
  • December 2023 (3236)
  • November 2023 (3098)
  • October 2023 (3137)
  • September 2023 (2457)
  • August 2023 (2148)
  • July 2023 (1919)
  • June 2023 (2151)
  • May 2023 (2049)
  • April 2023 (1966)
  • March 2023 (2038)
  • February 2023 (1737)
  • January 2023 (1768)
  • December 2022 (1761)
  • November 2022 (1933)
  • October 2022 (1434)
  • September 2022 (1258)
  • August 2022 (1329)
  • July 2022 (1414)
  • June 2022 (1351)
  • May 2022 (1349)
  • April 2022 (1421)
  • March 2022 (1209)
  • February 2022 (880)
  • January 2022 (1022)
  • December 2021 (1348)
  • November 2021 (3132)
  • October 2021 (3249)
  • September 2021 (611)
Powered by Blogger.