[New post] The Old “Grass Isn’t Necessarily Greener On”……..Thing
glenmckenzie(justabitfurther) posted: " Early yesterday(Tuesday) morning, I went for a modest hike to the east of us along the ocean floor. The tide had been on the way out for an hour or so, making the pebbly and stony ocean bed exceedingly wide for hoofing it along for a bit. My hike work" justabitfurther
Early yesterday(Tuesday) morning, I went for a modest hike to the east of us along the ocean floor. The tide had been on the way out for an hour or so, making the pebbly and stony ocean bed exceedingly wide for hoofing it along for a bit.
My hike worked out to be about a 6km trip there and back.
So, what's the point of these few words punched out in WordPress?
Well, how about this?
How many of us(and I include myself in this mix) have prattled on at some point and perhaps you'll get back to whining later today about "how things are always better on the other side of the fence." The whole "grass is greener" thing. You know, the "if I just lived there"; or "just had that" or "perhaps if we just.."
I was reminded yesterday or had some minor league level of revelation that happened to knock me "upside the head" and pointed out to me yet one more time, that "this is where I live now." That I'm not on vacation with two days left, nor am I visiting some long-lost relative.
The hike reminded me that "my grass is pretty fu@kin' green right where I am."
All most of us need to do if we have been diagnosed or know we have the "the grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome is to simply open your freakin' eyes; take a damn good look at what is around you.
I think you'll find your grass is also pretty darn green.
This is where I live now(in pics).
Ya see it's pretty green from the new "old homestead!"
--as always with love--
--- get outdoors; find inspiration; discover yourself ---
No comments:
Post a Comment