Hello there. July is almost over. How do you feel about that? July before my sophomore year in high school we spent at my grandparents house in the country. That was the summer of gardening, canning and peach cobblers. I remember so many hot summer days sitting under one of the big shade trees peeling peaches, stringing and snapping green beans and shelling peas. I remember watermelon evenings with lightning bugs dancing in the air and more stars than you could make wishes on. That summer, in a way, shaped me into who I would become later in life. That was the last summer with the big garden because my Paw-Paw died the following Christmas. I didn't know at the time that was to be last summer of the big garden but I am so so so glad I was there for it. We were there because my parents had split up (again, this time for good) and had no where else to go. A bad situation made good because of family. Those warm summer memories laced with bad stuff remain some of my favorites to this day. Sometimes you just don't know it's the last time until you think of the last time, so I hope when you do there's something good to be found in there. This is a little heavy before coffee so have a beautiful day and meet me back here tomorrow. Peace & hugs xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment