You never know what you'll see while wandering through this world. For example, I once swung into a drive-thru during one of my trips through Pennsylvania. While waiting to order, I looked down to see former teen idol Bobby Vinton staring back at me.

There was no sign or anything so I Googled it while waiting my turn and learned Bobby Vinton was from the town of Canonsburg where I had stopped for that drink.

Known in town as the Polish Prince, Vinton was the only child of a bandleader. He formed his own band and was playing in local clubs at the age of sixteen, helping to finance his musical education at Duquesne University.

Vinton went on to record hits like Blue Velvet and Roses Are Red.

Incidentally, Perry Como also claimed Canonsburg as his hometown. Two famous singers from a town of less than 9,000 is impressive!

Look around, see what you can see and investigate when you find something interesting. You never know what you'll learn!