At the beginning of January, I received an unexpected delivery of a mysterious package. The outside was decorated with cute symbols of food in red and white and it proclaimed it was from a company called Universal Yums. Curious, I opened it up and looked for some kind of note or explanation as to who sent it but there was nothing to be found inside except some packages of snacks, a score card and a booklet. So I looked at the outside of the package again and there it was, partially obscured by the shipping label.

Mystery solved!

What a lovely gift, from my good friends back in Ontario: Jonathan and Kenn!!! Clearly the package was supposed to arrive in December, but what with all the weather difficulties and highway closures it couldn't make it to my door until early January.

Snack contents of the box: popcorn from Taiwan, truffles from France, candies from the UK, "plum" cake from Argentina, baklava from Jordan, and potato chips from another region of France.
Scorecard and guidebook from box

As you can see, the December box is a collection of snacks from around the world. The regular monthly boxes contain snacks from one country, only.

Of course, you know I couldn't just snack (and score) all by myself...so I called someone whose food judgement I trust implicitly.

Donna is clearly taking this project as seriously as I am. 😉 What concentration! What focus!

And so we began. One by one, we carefully sampled each snack and wrote our thoughts down on the scorecard.

And here are the results of our scoring:

Your happy judgy McJudgersons judging panel (photo by Donna).

This was a whole lotta fun. And I get to do it every month for a whole year! Don't worry, I won't post it on WOYPBC each month...just this first time. While I was waiting to get together with Donna to do the scoring, my January box arrived:

Hmmm....what country am I going on a snack holiday to, next?
It's Poland! (Which has bison, apparently...who knew???)

I am so tickled by this subscription. I really love the scoring aspect of it. Something fun to do with friends and family. I think it is both a great idea for a gift to give, and also a joy to receive!

Once again, my co-host Donna and I are using a linkup for people to share their posts on. Please find it here:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Not sure why InLinkz hates me. What have I ever done to it??? If the button doesn't want to work, you can always join up at Retirement Reflections or try this link HERE.

Of course, you are still more than welcome to let Donna or myself know what's on your plate at your house, in the Comments of either Donna's or my post (or both, if you are so inclined!). Please check out Donna's mouth-watering February post, here!

Happy Groundhog Day!

Rock on,

The WB