Mary B's Diner has been on my list for some time. It's in Parkersburg, West Virginia in an unassuming building on a busy corner.

They specialize in home cooking and, while their menu is broad, it isn't at all fancy. From burgers and grilled cheese to meatloaf and homemade soups, it seems there's something for everyone. People at a neighboring table ordered enormous taco salads that looked amazing.

They have a few daily specials and offer breakfast all day. I opted for a veggie omelette that came with hash browns and toast. My mother also opted for an omelette with bacon and cheese.

Their vast menu of homemade pies was too much to resist but I must admit that there were so many to choose from it felt a little overwhelming. By the time our waitress had finished naming them all, I couldn't remember the beginning of the list. I chose the peanut butter cream and my mother went with chocolate cream. Both were delicious.

The pictures really don't do justice for the food and certainly don't tell the tale of the great service. The place was hopping and our waitress made sure we wanted for nothing.

I would absolutely go back. Find Mary B's Diner at 2212 Pike Street, Parkersburg. If you go, take note that instead of waiting for someone to come and ask how many, there's a list that you sign your party to. I have never seen this done but it seems to work for them. Find Mary B's and their menu online by clicking here.