By Valene Peratrovich

When it's quite and I am all alone... I love to watch Korean bakers get their bake on as they whisk me to sleep. If there was one thing that I would struggle to let go in Web 2.0 world it would sooooo be my YouTube. I can calm myself down with my favorite Sade lounge playlist. Sade is the gift that keeps on giving in the 2020's, queeeeeeeen.

When I really can't sleep and need to be entertained I watch The Oriental Pearl shock Japanese locals with her linguistic skills all while learning the about the OGs of the original Beyblade.

These twin bros of Twins the New Trend crack me up with their reactions to songs before their time. Dang, most of their songs I listened to when I was a kid. Literally… trip down Nostalgia Lane… I feel so seasoned like a nicely broken in cast iron skillet when I listen to them. The twins highest viewed reaction is to Phil Collins, In The Air Tonight…"Who drops the beat 3:30 minutes into the song." It's gold and I love all of their reactions to all different genres of music.

Then as I alluded to, my go-to guilty pleasure is Korean Cake Baking… just makes feel like I am winning on some level at life and they give me the sweetest dreams.

And we all have those rough days and need to laugh and YouTube has a lot of laughs on demand. I either go Joshua Weissman or Netflix is a Joke and then I am feeling some comic relief.

With YouTube being such a one-stop shop, all you can eat buffet of entertainment for my ADD brain I have to say it is the one platform I would need a family intervention to even consider giving up.  


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more