Last Saturday morning, I was teaching 8 children aged 6 to 9 at church. We did some crafts for activity and many of the kids left the class without tidying up the classroom. I saw the mess and I was quite disheartened as just the week before, one of our lesson objectives was "To show respect for the church and keep it clean and beautiful."

There were lots of thoughts racing through my mind. I should not clean up the mess. I will wait for the students to come back after lunch and they should clean up their own mess.

There was one student that stayed back. She started picking up all the pieces of paper on the floor. She smiled at me and said, "We learned at class that we must keep the church clean".

She was not thinking about how unfair it was that she had to clean up other's mess. She only saw that the classroom was messy and we need to keep it clean and acted on it. I must learn to be as pure as her. I must learn to be simple and do what is pleasing to God.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more