The mini skein tube cowl is taking shape. Next up is a light gray yarn, followed by a brighter yellow yarn and the last mini skein is a darker gray. I'll graft the ends together to finish it and give it a bath and a bit of blocking. Then I'll knit a similar cowl out of the last set of mini skeins that I wound. I might do some texture on a couple of the sections. There are six mini skeins in the last set. I'm busting my yarn stash and building my knitted item stash.

Finally got the portable generator set up. Brad managed to get the feet on it and I was able to help out when he was getting the axle and wheels attached. Son-in-law David stopped by and got it out of the bed of the truck with the help of our metal ramps. The battery needs to be charged and we need to buy the proper oil for the engine as well as getting a transfer switch installed at the electrical box.

While he was here David took a look at the front door for us. The door knob isn't working very well anymore and I think we've talked ourselves into replacing the entire front door. It's original to the house and the house is 32 years old. The back door has already been replaced when we added the garage on in 2000. It was pretty weathered and caught all the sun, wind and rain on the west side of the house before the garage was built.

It's time to replace the strip lighting in the garage as well. When it's humid the blooming lights won't come on. They worked fine when we were working on the generator yesterday but last night when I went back out to snap a photo of the generator the overhead lights wouldn't come on. The flash on the camera worked fine though.

We also need to replace our outdoor lighting. The drive leading up to the garage needs more light and it would be nice to have corner spotlights that would light up all of the yard at night. I'd like to have a couple of exterior lights up on Brad's shop building as well.

Our day will be pretty quiet since yesterday was rather long and most of it spent out in the garage standing on concrete. Brad is off to pick the kids up at the farm and head to church. He'll stop and pick up lunch for everyone at the farm after church and probably bring something home from Cotton Patch for our lunch. I'm staying home. My neck and left ankle hurt and my sinuses are complaining after cleaning and stirring up the dust bunnies. The older I get the quicker I tire from cleaning house. But there is nothing as rewarding as a clean, tidy house and clean laundry. It's difficult to enjoy my needlework when the house needs tidying.