I'm thankful that I live in a country that I have easy access to vaccines.

The past week, at work, I have been taking care of two covid patients. I was kind of nervous.

The CDC is saying we need a booster shot to increase the effectives of the covid vaccine. They effectives of our previous vaccines are weaning, if we got it earlier in the year. The vaccine is the same as the previous vaccine, and doesn't contain the Delta variant.

If you are severely immunocompromised or work in healthcare you may get a booster if you have had the Pfizer only, they do not have the booster for the Moderna or Johnson and Johnson just yet.

According to Kaiser, only a small number of people get sick with covid, after being vaccinated. You can read the article here: https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/colorado/health-wellness/coronavirus-information/vaccine-learn/delta-variant

That's comforting, because some of my patients have it. I don't want to bring it to my parents and all my other high risk patients.

I scheduled my booster online, but when I went into my doctor for my flu shot, they gave me my booster shot as well. So I had my flu shot, and booster shot at the same time, and the side effects were very mild. I was a little sleepy, and I can't tell if I had body aches or not because I hurt from my job anyway. The arm pain in the injection site, doesn't even bother me. The side effects from both these vaccines combined, were not even as bad as the second covid shot. My second Pfizer shot, I had some more harsh side effects, but still tolerable. You can read about my first shot here: https://michellescrazybusylife.net/what-to-expect-when-you-get-your-covid-vaccine/

The side effects from the booster, must be very mild, because I barely noticed. But remember everyone is completely different!