Jack wrote this in March, 2006:

Relocated an old friend of mine on the Internet a while back:

jerrysiresband

Jerry Sires Band

Haven't seen him in 20 years, haven't been back in touch with him, but tickled pea green to see he's thriving.

Does my heart good to see that bunch of old rounders.  That's Jerry in the hat.  Mike, Dean and Pat have been with him as younger men a long time ago.  Boomer looks like an older version of a guy who used to play with the Austin Lounge Lizards.

That truck is the centerpiece for the song, "I found me a trailer that matches my truck".

"And the tires from the truck fit the trailer,

The trailer matches the truck's graceful lines!

Tell me, who do you thank when you have such luck?

I found me a trailer that matches my truck."

Jack

 

From Red Grain Truck Blues by Jerry Sires

The yellow corn sure looks good up ahead inside the red grain truck.

It's piled high to testify that some farmer had a little luck.

I sure like to drive these country roads

Even though they're changing every day

But I always was kind of slow

And sometimes I just feel in the way.

 

In the city there's people getting by

Taking in each other's dirty clothes.

Where fine homes and big cars all come from

I guess nobody knows.

 

But Daddy needs a new golf cart

And Mama wants a new suntan machine

Brother wants a race car

And sister wants a full-sized movie screen.

 

You can almost hear her cry, you can almost hear her moan

As another garage door opener

Is torn right from her bones

Still, I wonder how long it can last

 

When the teeming millions watch and want theirs too

It's all got to come from the earth

And she's about done what she can do.

You can almost hear her cry, you can almost hear her moan

As Singapore and Shanghai

Decide to refrigerate their homes.

 

But the yellow corn sure looks good up ahead

Inside the red grain truck.

The yellow corn sure looks good

Inside the red grain truck.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more