Short post from a short walk on a grey day. Grey seems to be the over-riding colour for this autumn. Probably a little unfair as my previous post was sunny and my next one will be. Probably my impression is coloured by my efforts to take outdoor exercise every day so I see a lot of grey as it were!

IMG_1153

Bryn Arw is a favourite for this sort of outing when you need a short walk or the day just doesn't justify a full outing.

IMG_1147

Small, perfectly formed and with great views of the surrounding mountains.

IMG_1148

It still surprises me that on dozens of walks up here I rarely see anyone else. I suspect everyone heads for the more popular hills of Ysgyryd Fawr and Sugar Loaf. The latter in the background here.

IMG_1149

Distant brightness beyond the Forest of Dean, likely Avon or Somerset.

IMG_1150

The aforementioned Ysgyryd Fawr.

IMG_1151

The grassy path along the summit ridge is always a pleasure to walk even on a grey, cool and windy day like this one.

IMG_1152

The highest summits of the Black Mountains.

IMG_1154

And on our way back, a Dovecote with some real Doves resting on the roof! I don't think I've ever actually seen that before

IMG_1155

This free site is ad-supported. Learn more