Although the contents of Castbox is consumed by literally billions of individuals daily, the app itself isn't a universally recognized one like Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio or Spotify. However, I personally feel as though it is far superior to any other podcast hosting app. Its incredibly simple and organized layout and ease of use make Castbox my favorite app at the moment.

As a podcast hosting app, Castbox is definitely the app I spend the majority of my time on, as well. I spend much of my day driving for work and have come to love spending that time listening to podcasts. It's amazing how much one can learn from an endless supply of free audio content.

Debuting in 2016, Castbox is still a relatively new app in comparison, and this is sometimes evident. At the end of every podcast, the app will replay what you've just listened to rather than starting the next podcast. There are some very rare moments when the app will just close abruptly in the middle of a show, which can be quite unfortunate if you're driving when it happens.

Regardless of these very minimal flaws, I prefer Castbox for it's simplicity.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more