I am delighted to share my review today for We Watch You by N.S. Ford. It is always exciting when a fellow Book Blogger gets in touch to see if you would be interested in reading her book. I love reading her BLOG and so I was obviously going to be interested in reading her book.

FOUR FRIENDS. THREE ENEMIES. TWO TRAGEDIES. ONE TERRIBLE TRUTH.

A small English town is rocked by the disappearance of a local woman, Tina. As the search continues, someone is targeting her former best friends for revenge. Lauren, Jess, Claire. They all hide secrets. Who knows what they did? Who's watching them? The truth is stranger and far more sinister than they can ever imagine.

A dark, twisty thriller which will grip you until the very last page. 

PURCHASE FROM - Amazon UK

MY REVIEW...

I do love a short synopsis, and the one for this book is so tantalising. This is definitely an intrigue laden psychological thriller that has many twists.

The story did take me a few chapters to get to grip on the characters and the story. The chapters do alternate between characters and it is not immediately obvious who these are until you discover more about them in the story.

The story has a small-town feel, where the main characters have grown up and stayed there. Given that is a small place it didn't exactly have that community atmosphere to it, yet there is something about the place. The main characters have been friends from school, one of these girls has now gone missing. With her disappearance there seem to be other events that could tenuously be linked, but are they linked and if so how.

The author has done a wonderful job weaving a story of secrets, mysteries and also of misdirection. It is sometimes a small and insignificant comment or sentence that suddenly becomes quite important later in the story. Very much a smoke and mirrors type of thing.

I liked the pacing of this book, starting at a good pace and towards the final chapters, it definitely picks up speed but doesn't feel rushed. As for the ending, well that was interesting, it was something that had passed my mind earlier in the story but still came as a bit of a surprise. Yes, this is vague, but I m not giving anything up here!

This is a very intriguing story, it is a story that mentions elements of depression and mental health, it has a strong psychological tenseness, it has several mysterious threads and it is a very addictive read. I was a bok I found hard to leave, and wish that I had started it when I had a couple of days off rather than fitting it around work!

This is one for those who like a story that is in some ways quite complex as I now sit back and think about it, but it didn't feel like that as I was reading. I thoroughly enjoyed this twisty journey and I would happily recommend it.

Many thanks for reading my post, a like or share would be amazing 🙂 xx