Following on from the Shibden Hall post, the actual town of Halifax deserves its own entry too. So here it is.

The Minster:

The Minster inside:

Flowers growing outside the Minster:

Hill outside the town:

Shopping street:

Sign on the shopping street:

Some house I thought looked nice:

Fun fact: Halifax is also a bank, so if you're in UK and Google it, you're more likely to see results for the bank first, before you get to results for the town. It's understandable; the bank is one of the largest ones here, with branches all over the country, and the town is not that big, nestled between the giants of Manchester and Leeds.

There is also, of course, the one in Nova Scotia in Canada. I knew about the Nova Scotia one before I ever knew there was one in England. That is because I started reading Lucy Maud Montgomery books long before I moved to England. I learned a bit about Canadian geography from reading L.M. Montgomery. She studied at the Dalhousie University in the Canadian Halifax.