Southern Ohio was on the receiving end of a nasty ice storm this week. I like a good snowfall but ice is treacherous and heavy, causing tree damage and it downed power lines across a huge swath of the state.

As a remote worker I was fortunate to keep power and still do my job. I also tried to keep my outdoor friends fed and went out after work last night to get a closer look at the ice.

The images above are from my outdoor expedition. The ones below I grabbed from my office window of some creatures that come to Scout's bird feeder.

He's not a bird but he's hungry and Scout is fascinated by squirrels so we are happy to feed him and several others.

And here's one of an actual bird!

It's times like these that I'm especially grateful for my cozy home, my house panther and for the fact my remote work status alleviates the worry of travel most days. I'm also grateful for electricity and central heat!

Be careful today if you're out running around!!