"A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog."

― Jack London

Bark Park Central
Deep Ellum
Dallas, Texas

From my blog (I called it an "Online Journal" then), The Daily Epiphany, Monday, March 11, 2002

Back

Driving back, I had a choice of several routes. Not really country but not city, the area is dominated by tony horse ranches (complete with billboards advertising the best quality of equine semen) interspersed with developments complete with gigantic Tudor-style mansions surrounded by acres of rolling lawn and artificial ponds. I saw one guy riding a four-wheel ATV down to his mailbox to get the afternoon missives.

Checking the radio reports, the traffic in the city sounded nasty - with rush hour building. The helicopter reporter called in a handful of accidents - all right along my route home. So I decided to keep moving outside the city, going east through McKinney on to Farmersville. It's farther that way, but at least I was able to avoid the city traffic, which I didn't really want to fight pulling the popup.

It really was a nice drive, getting a little tour of the countryside north of the Metroplex.

And a piece of flash fiction for today:

A Time There Was by Hastings Kidd

from Flash Fiction Online