This has not been a productive year for projects and upcycling. Mainly due to the birth of our first child. The previous year, 2020, with the novelty of a first lockdown meant it was the most productive.

What was achieved?

In the garden a potting table made out of pallets has proven particularly handy. Makes me wonder why it took so long to make one. The storage crate for the swing cushions is less practical, but does the job. One of my favourite jobs was adding the living roof to my scaffolding wood stored- I love watching to roof grow.

The lockdown has meant little community activity for upcycling- but I was afforded the time to reflect on my travels and the amazing markets I've visited over the years.

Turkey

Indoors things were of a practical, or fun, nature. The hand print with my son on scaffolding was an example of messy fun! Pallet Scrabble letters were a toy to go in a new pallet mouse toy chest and the oak chair a birth present.

The biggest job was chalk paint upcycling a chest of drawers and wardrobe for the new nursery. These were a success and makes me wonder why I didn't paint them years ago!

I also got the opportunity to make a few things for my new Etsy shop- such as a plug/ adapter tidy and dried flowers in a milk bottle.

But as construction time was short I reflected on some of the eccentric things around the house, such as, old sports equipment, Indian water carriers, artillery shells with dried flowers, marbles, cat domes and travel trunks.

What will 2022 bring? As we may move house, probably quite a bit!