So here is the thing. I'm not huge into setting New Year's resolutions, because life is so unpredictable and you never know what will happen. I don't know what will happen this year and what circumstances I will be dealing with while I am trying to accomplish goals. I wrote a post a few years back where I explained that I wasn't into resolutions because I had 4 relatives pass away this year and then the pandemic happened. You just never know what life will throw at you. Also, at the same time, every day is the same. I have my routine. I'm stuck in my ways. I work and take care of my family. I've lived in the same house for 16 years and had the same job for 9 years. I have the same days off, and I do the same things on my days off.

At the same time, I am all for self-improvement, setting goals, living life to the fullest, trying to reach full potential, and I'm all for change. So I am going to lightly set goals and resolutions this year, but I am going to keep in mind that life changes and my parents are older, I may need to take care of them, and so on.

If you are into resolutions, let me know in the comments, and if you would like let me know what you would like to work on. If you aren't into resolutions, let me know in the comments why, if you'd like.

So here it goes, these are my resolutions:

  • I need to lose weight. I weight what I weighted when I went to the hospital to deliver my kids, when I was a skinny 20 year old, if this makes any sense. I am 225 pounds right now. I easily lost the weight after having the kids and got down to 130 pounds but I went back to work and in my late 30's it creeped up on me. I would like to lose weight for my health, so I don't have problems when I get older. I noticed that when I do cardio, I get really tired, especially at work, and I cannot have that. I also like to push myself, and workout hard when I am not even used to it. I should ease into it. Also, my antidepressants do cause weight gain. I can't live without them, so I need to keep that in mind with this goal.
  • I would like more time with my kids. I used to be a stay at home Mom 9 years ago, and I feel like something is missing and that I could do better. I would like to connect with them more on their level, and be there for them more.
  • I would also like to work on communication in my marriage.
  • Another big thing I need to work on is not letting people walk all over me, and be intimidated by others. I need to work on self-confidence. Sometimes, at work, I let people walk all over me, and I do not have enough confidence at work to ask for help. It's hard to understand if you work in healthcare, and have a floor with another person working with you, a lot of politics and dinamics involved. I need to be assertive, not passive. I need to work on this big time! And to also work on my self esteem.
  • I would like to work on my blog, and grow as a blogger, and read more books!
  • Time management. I would love to have a work life balance to be able to enjoy my hobbies.
  • I would like to travel, I usually just stay home. I go hiking a lot but that's about it.
  • Finances! I need to work on being better with my money along with my husband. I need to save more, and also save more for retirement! My parents recently retired not by chance, but by being smart financially. I need to be more frugal, especially with inflation.

So there you have it, those are my goals I've made for the New Year. I need to remind myself, to work on these.

Sharing is caring: