After years of meaning to visit the drive-thru Christmas light show at National Trail Raceway, I finally did it this week. I loaded up my parents and an aunt to go check out this much hyped holiday event about 30 minutes north of Lancaster on Tuesday.

The bad news is that I learned after buying the ticket that it's a new operator and the lights aren't nearly as good this year. The good news is that we had nothing to compare it to and had a great time anyway.

I'm not a fan of crowds so we chose to visit on a non-peak day and to book an early time slot in the 5:30-6:30 hour when it wouldn't be too busy. Consequently, there were just a handful of other cars and I didn't even have anyone behind me until the very end.

If you go, it's $20 for a carload Monday through Thursday and $30 Friday through Sunday. They have some snacks for sale like cookies and hot chocolate and their event radio station plays an excellent variety of new and old Christmas music.

I was driving so the pictures are poor but you can get the gist. If you go, you must buy your ticket online here.

Do you have a favorite place to see Christmas lights? I would love to hear about it! Here's something I wrote about Gallipolis in Lights last year. I'm looking forward to heading that way again soon!