Don't you just love it when God places peace in your heart? I know I do! I am much better equipped to hear His voice and follow Him when I am calm, in a present and peaceful state of mind.

This evening (well actually throughout the day), God has been calling me to write letters to a few friends of mine. I knew I needed to start carving out time in the day (given a quiet space too), to let them know how much I love them, how much I appreciate them, how much God loves them too! Validation is important, especially hearing and knowing how much someone cares about them, to see them as a child of God.

I used to be so on top of this, writing my heart out to family and friends much more often back then compared to what I do now. Times may have changed, but my heart has not. All I needed to do was pick up my pen, open my notebook, place the tip to the paper and ooh, did the words begin to flow!

Do you want to know the trick to writing? Well, there you have it! Place the pen with the ink side down and allow God's voice to flow through! This is what happens when you allow space for Him to work in your life, He will speak through you to those who need reminders of His love and His word.

Making quiet time with God is something I need to focus on doing more of these days. I know He has amazing things to say. The words spoken are those of love, hope and encouragement. As I write, I know it is God who speaks through me. Being His vessel, His servant is such an honor and a pleasure.

Next time you feel that nudge, that voice inside you speak, listen closely to what it says. God, He has a way with words. Just think of all the joy you will bring through writing a handwritten, heartfelt letter to your loved ones!


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more