2021-11-15 to 2021-11-18

Headlining NEWs:

The Little Brother I'm matched with currently is in early elementary school, and as such, he has way more energy than I do. Which is fine -- it makes finding things to do as easy as figuring out what gets him running around. In this case, he really wanted to go to a trampoline park, and we happen to have one in town. How convenient! (not like he had a membership there or anything...)

So we went and bounced around for a while. As an adult, though, my opportunities were limited. A few of the activities had a "minimum height", but most had a maximum. And I was therefore limited in what I could do, namely, very little.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that I am not the target audience. Rightly so, the activities should be focused on the children that come through there. What is absurd is that it cost me $40 to mostly watch a child play in a trampoline park and to bounce on a few trampolines. Feels like maybe you can charge the children more and the guardian they are with a discounted rate.

Now that that's out of the way...

I had a good time initially, but it was very clear that I am getting too old for that! I hate saying that, truly. I don't consider myself "old" and especially not "too old" for much. But my knees knew it before I did in this case. Somehow I just wasn't getting the landing down.

What was most surprising was that, even though I only bounced for a bit, my body felt it the next morning! The aches were most prominent in my neck, but I would guess this pain was due to the awkward falls I made a habit of.

I hope we can find a way to bring the cost down a touch because my Little seems to really like the place. I'm sure we'll be back. I guess at least I don't need to buy the socks next time...

Other "New"s of note:

We had some visitors in town, but as they've visited before, there was less new exploration and more hanging out. However, we did go see Ten3 at the top of the mountain. As such, I have some thoughts on it. After all, as an expensive restaurant that justifies its cost by having a nice view, seems reasonable to have some opinions about it.

  • Saying that the service we received was "not optimal" would be generous. That being said, I know that we're in a weird time for the service industry, so I am trying to be loose with my criticism there. However, this was recognized enough that our initial server was replaced by a line manager (assuming a touch here, but there were signs...). Yet, there was no outward recognition to us about the issue. If you don't want to comp an appetizer or a drink or something, at least acknowledge the issue to those that are innately aware of it...
  • That having been said, the food was good, as were the drinks.
  • I don't think it was worth the wait or the cost, but perhaps the even more expensive side -- the "Fine Dining" opposed to our "Casual Dining" -- would have been better. Meh. Maybe someday....
  • View was prettty great though.

I also started watching Arcane, the League of Legends series Netflix started running. I've played League of Legends a lot in the last 10 years (this doesn't mean I'm any good...) I expected the TV show to be subpar, but maybe it would be worth a watch, at least the first ep or two. I've been impressed so far! I hope this continues and ends as good as it started -- I cannot think of a single example of a video-game-turned-TV/movie that was successful or even in the realm of "good." I'm also not a super animated fan, but I'm digging the style. It'll get a few more watches from me for now.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more