Premium kit maker, MAAP, has taken the cycling world by storm. With all the high-end brands on the market, MAAP continues to stand out with classic styles and functional fabrics. This time, they have taken aim at the growing gravel market with a unique mix of materials and style in their Alt_Road kit.
MAAP Alt_Road LS Jersey and Bib Shorts Features:
Alt_Road is for the cool kids
I ride gravel bikes and terrain a lot. I love to ride fast and efficient, like I do on the road or singletrack. Because of that, I've eschewed the lumberjack movement that has become the flavor of the day in the gravel scene. No worries if that's your style, Paul Bunyan, I still prefer efficient, comfortable and performance-oriented clothing when I'm on two wheels. So, when MAAP went Alt_Road, I perked up and took a good look.
In addition to the Alt_Road line, MAAP has also introduced a
thatBibs are more snug than summer jerseys
Great fit on the jersey
Merino wool is great
Pockets are huge
Not a fan of the zipper pull choice initially (seems kind of cheesy, but it works well)
Watch your Velcro on the sleeve cuffs
Good sleeve length
Not as thermally-warm as thermal LS jerseys, but good for mid-50's
The side pockets are $$
Chamois is sweet
Merino just has that "earthy" feel to it... nothing like the synthetic jerseys you're all used to
The pulls are cheesy, but they do work
Should have a zipper garage at the top
Bib short fit and compression is better than the summer bibs (I prefer it)
Perfectly placed pockets
That odd wrinkled look on the frontside
No comments:
Post a Comment