The stores are already playing Christmas music. I'm typically not a huge fan of Christmas in public before Thanksgiving but it's not a huge deal to me. In fact, at this stage in life, any attempt someone offers to make the world a little happier is fine by me.

Standing in line at TJ Maxx over the weekend, the Christmas music was playing and a young woman behind me in line was softly singing along to Jingle Bell Rock. She seemed perfectly happy. Happy until some other woman came marching up, stomped her foot, huffed and said loudly "Christmas music already?"

The woman who had been so happy two seconds before suddenly stopped and stood very still.

Don't be that person. If someone finds something that brings 'em a little joy, let them have it. That music wasn't hurting anyone and being a jerk about it just ruined someone's day. I didn't even care about the music but suddenly felt myself feeling deflated, sad and a little defensive.

No need to be a Grinch, after all.