Paths, 2014, by Steinunn Thorarinsdottir, Hall Sculpture Collection, Arts District, Dallas, Texas

Strangers less awkward, more interested in deep conversation than people think

After the shitstorm of the last few years, we are all looking to make some new friends, or at least new connections. It's a daunting thought, especially for people my age. Maybe there is hope.


Perforations in the roof of the Pavilion in Pacific Plaza Park, downtown Dallas, Texas

National CD Player Day – October 1, 2021

The first CD player was sold on October 1, 1982. I bought my first player not long after that... a couple years maybe. It was an amazing piece of tech to me... I was amazed at the fidelity. Only recently (because of Spotify) did I finally move my rack of precious audio CDs into a closet for storage.


Vietnamese Pickled Carrots & Daikon Radish Recipe (Đồ Chua)


The trail runs through thick forest near the south end. While I was taking this photo - my tire was losing air.

'Secret, hidden gem': New Dallas forest refuge was once the Elm Fork's most notorious illegal dump

Frasier Dam Recreation Area


My coffee thermos.

How to Make Better Coffee


We've Reached Peak Wellness. Most of It Is Nonsense.


The Most Important Device In The Universe Is Powered By A 555 Timer