Hi everyone! Yes, I know, this was supposed to be out yesterday and I'm getting mixed up. Sometimes I think I always mixed up, but that's a different story. Maybe I'll let Muffin talk about that next time she does her post. Anyway, today we'll just kind of get started with the newest ideas for the Art in Nature series. So today I picked out a couple of mushrooms for which I have no name, because I haven't been able to identify them yet, and I have a lot of mushrooms I can't identify.

This one is an all white mushroom. Almost 3 inches (7cm) across.

Yet they are still very interesting and beautiful and are truly wonderful works of art. I like to take pictures of the underside of mushrooms, especially if the sun is shining on them, they just shine beautifully when that happens. It can be a bit tricky since a lot of these mushrooms are only between 2 and 4 inches (5 to 10cm) tall. So it's necessary to lie flat on my stomach to get some of these pics. I could just pick the mushroom and take the picture, but I prefer to leave it in place, just like with wildflowers.

My heart mushroom. About 2.5 inches (6.75cm) across.

My second photo is my heart shaped mushroom. How many of these do you actually see? I saw two in one year, but different species of mushrooms. Unfortunately my picture of the other one didn't turn out well at all, too blurry. I do have another one, but the angle was wrong to see the heart shape very well. Maybe another time. Have a great Friday and God bless!

Steve and Muffin.

©2021 Steve McLeod.